Friday, July 18, 2008

Thing 22 Podcasts

I have a Zune mp3 player that has been receiving podcasts from Joel Olsteen for several months, but I never really looked into exploring all the podcasts available online. I can't believe how many there are!!! I tried subscribing through the podcast websites, but they kept going to itunes, which is not where I wanted to save them. Since this is something that I REALLY plan on using on my Zune, I went though my Zune software and subscribed to several podcasts: The Teachers Podcast, With Class and Teachers at Risk (lectures/inteviews on successful teaching practices, and Pottery Pod (pottery techniques). I also got Art a Go Go which is talk about current events/trends in contemporary art. I listened to an episode on The Teachers Podcast called Global Learning, regarding methods children all over the world communicate about their learning. I could see them creating podcasts as a product for an assignment, such as artist research. I think it would be fun for the class to listen to each other's podcasts. I'm going to continue to research how to get Zune set up as my default for podcasts so I can subscribe through different websites.

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Good troubleshooting going to the Zune software.