Monday, July 7, 2008

Thing 15 Wikis

Wiki's seem very similar to a facebook or myspace site, except that other people can edit and add to the site. It is a very cool entity, and I would think that kids would really like creating a wiki with their friends, clubs, classes, etc. I created one for Mesquite's art teachers, and hope to develeop it this summer so that it can be a place for our group to share pics, videos, lessons, or whatever. I can see a lot of uses for it. Often a teacher will create a lesson or find a great website that they want to share with others. We have been using e-mail for this, but the wiki sounds perfect for this. I found the Wetpaint site to be easy to use, and very flexible. I also added a comment on the 23 things sandbox regarding podcasts, which is also very quick and easy to do. I am pleasantly surprised at how user friendly all these web 2.0 sites are!

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Using your wiki to collaborate and communicate with the art teachers is a great idea! I hope it works well for you.