Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Thing 17 Tagging & Bookmarking

I found all the bookmarking sites very interesting, easy, helpful, useful...and to think I had never even heard of these 2 weeks ago. I'm really glad I took this course, as I didn't know how much I didn't know. I have been using (and loving) del.icio.us for two weeks now, and have told a lot of people about it. None of them had heard of it either. Anyway, I can see both similar and different benefits for each of the different bookmarking sites. I can see how this would be very helpful with research. I do a lot of research when planning lessons, and plan to really utilize this tool. I hope it is something I can get started with all the art teachers in Mesquite. If we had a staff development on it, I bet everyone would see the possibilities it had to offer. Libraries could use the bookmarking sites as an easy shortcut for people researching any topic. What a time saver! I'm also thinking about using it on my classroom computers by bookmarking lots of interactive art sites the students can use when they have free time, or as part of a research assignment.

3 comments:

monica said...

I hope you are finding time to enjoy your summer. It seems that you have really learned some great information to use in your classes. Thanks for your honesty.

Debbie said...

There acutally is a staff development offering by the district called "Social Bookmarking". It was offered this summer online. You maight check the fall catalog.

C Toogood said...

I'm sending you a note of encouragement to stay with this and finish. There are several things that you'll especially enjoy near the end. It really was interesting and informative. Gigi